A LITTLE TRIP TO PARI
This past summer I was fortunate to go on the trip of a lifetime with my family. I went on a cruise with 8 family members including myself. Let me give you a quick little background on my family. My family Cuban and yes, we are very loud. You'll hear us before you can see us. Keep in mind, we were on a cruise. It was a 2 week Crystal Cruise around Europe. If you've never heard of Crystal Cruise lines, it’s one of the best. However, because of this, the average age on the ship is around 65 years old. My sister, my cousin, and myself were some of the few teenagers aboard the ship.
Paris was our last stop, so we got off the ship and stayed in a hotel while we were there. We spent 3 days in Paris. However, I definitely think that I could have easily spent an entire week exploring Paris. It was everything I imagined and more. Everything was absolutely stunning. The first day we walked around, saw the MUST SEE spots (will go into more detail later), and stopped at a few cafés for some Croque-Monsieur's and café au lait’s. We felt so glamorous sitting among the beautiful people sipping their wine and being Parisian. We spent the next few days shopping, wandering the streets, and getting lost in Paris (literally and figuratively). My take away from Paris: if you've never been, what are you waiting for?! It is the most romantic city ever and one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. The shopping is next level, the food wasn't my absolute favorite but the little café's on literally every corner of the street made up for it.
Below is a list of everything I did in Paris & what I recommend doing while you're there!
- Hotel: We stayed at the Prince de Galles. Everything about this hotel was phenomenal. The location, staff, and aesthetic is unmatched. The rooms were gorgeous, breakfast was amazing, and there was an amazing bar downstairs. Highly recommend, I could go on forever explaining why I love this hotel so much.
- Restaurants: The only one I can really remember was Derrière. To be honest, the food wasn't my favorite. However, when I go back to Paris I will go back because it is the coolest restaurant I have ever been to. It's really edgy and modern, but my favorite part of the entire experience was the secret bar/room in the back. It gave me major speak easy vibes, while also feeling like you're stepping into Narnia. If you're ever in Paris you HAVE to go. It's phenomenal.
- The Louvre: Out of control. I saw the Mona Lisa in person. You can literally spend days exploring the Louvre. I loved it.
- Eiffel Tower: I mean do I really need to say anything about this? I shed a few tears when I saw it in person for the first time.
- Champs Elysees: Amazing location to shop and walk around. It was a bit crowded but so worth it. Definitely a must.
- Arc de Triomphe: Unreal. This is a gorgeous monument in the middle of Paris. It can also be seen while you're walking around Champs Elysees.
- Notre-Dame de Paris: Possibly the most famous and stunning Cathedral in the world. It was absolutely breath-taking.
- Basilica of Sacré-Cœur: A MUST! This is the most beautiful view of Paris you will ever see in your entire life. It is unreal. Just go, you won't regret it.
- Jardin des Tuileries: The most gorgeous public garden you will ever see in your life. The beautiful Parisians spend hours sitting on their blankets sunbathing and talking amongst one another. It felt like I was in a movie when I was there.