MY FOUNDATION COLLECTION
Hello everyone! I wanted to take it back to the basics and share my foundation collection with you guys. These products are tried and true. They can withstand the Miami heat and they all serve their own purpose. Foundation can be a little scary for some people. When people think of foundation they automatically assume that it's too cakey, unnatural and so on. If you don't know what foundation works for your skin, or how to apply it properly this can happen. However, if you find the right foundation formula that works for you and apply it with the correct tools there is no reason you should have a cakey looking base as a result.
I have been into foundation since high school. It took me a while to accumulate all of the foundations I'm going to share with you. I don't want you guys to think that I just go out and buy these on a whim. No, these are thoroughly researched products that I take my time looking into and sometimes even sample before I purchase the full size. That being said, I'm going to make a list of all of my foundations, why I love them, when I use them, and how I like to apply them.
1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum: This is my go-to everyday foundation. It is a product with a drugstore price but a high-end feel. It is what I go for when I want to look fresh-faced, have an even skin tone, but not have anything too heavy on the skin. I have this foundation in the shade 53 beige clair (light beige). I order mine on amazon and have been using it for years! I have probably gone through about 3 bottles of it which says a lot! My favorite way to apply it is with a damp beauty blender.
2. Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation: This is one of my newer additions to my foundation collection. I am obsessed with this foundation! I have it in the shade Patagonia. I use it during the day when I want a bit more coverage and at night as well. The formula is amazing, super long lasting, and they have an amazing shade selection. It has more of a natural finish on the skin, not too radiant or dewy looking. I love applying this foundation with a large foundation brush like this one from Tarte.
3. Alastin Hydratint Pro Mineral Sunscreen: My dermatologist got me onto this product. This is my go-to tinted moisturizer. My skin is very sensitive and does not react well to sunscreens. I have tried so many different ones from amazing brands but they end up either clogging my pores, make me break out, give me a rash, or sting horribly. I know, it's a lot. I cannot stay away from this product! Especially now in the summer I love popping it on my face with just my fingers, put some concealer and mascara on and I'm ready to walk out the door. Highly highly recommend this product if you're looking for a lightweight tinted moisturizer.
4. Hourglass Vanish Stick Foundation: This foundation is on another level. I have it in the shade Buff. If you want to look absolutely flawless and airbrushed WITHOUT looking like you have 302839 layers of makeup on your face run, don't walk to Sephora to pick this up. I mostly use it when I go out because it is so beautiful and bit pricey, I like to wear it on more formal occasions. I love to apply this foundation with either a beauty blender or brush, depending on how dry my skin is that day. If my skin is extra dry, I'll use a beauty blender, if not, a brush.
5. Too Faced Peach Perfect Comfort Matte Foundation: This foundation is seriously underrated. 1. It smells like peaches. 2. It has medium-buildable coverage with a natural matte finish. 3. Cutest packaging ever. Need I say more?! Definitely my other go-to foundation when I'm feeling a little spicy and wanting a little more of a beat that day. I love using a beauty blender to apply it. I have mine in the shade Nude.
6. Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Foundation: This foundation is perfect for people with oily skin that sometimes struggle with breakouts (hello, me). I have mine in the shade #40. My skin is combination but I do have days where my face is insanely oily for no reason. This foundation is full coverage and will hide all of your imperfections and deepest darkest secrets. You will not get oily or shiny while wearing this foundation! Perfect for summer nights and hitting the clurb. My preferred way of applying this product is with a beauty blender.
7. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: I picked this foundation up in a Sephora in Paris and I wore it the entire time I was in Europe. I got it in the shade 2C2, Pale Almond. This foundation will hold up through everything! Rain, shine, tears, laughter, sweat, food, drinks... you name it. It will not budge. I use this foundation for nights out at the clurb and for formal events. I am obsessed with it and I will never not have it in my collection. This foundation is a must. I apply it with a foundation brush.
8. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation: This is another one of my old reliable foundations. I got it in high school after I got my makeup done by a makeup artist. I looked at my skin and fell in love with the way it looked. She told me that she used this foundation and I went to the MAC store to buy it the next day. I got mine in the shade NC20. To be honest, I only use this foundation once in a while but I still love it. It has a good amount of coverage, it is long lasting, and will make your skin look flawless. It also has a nice natural finish that isn't too matte or dewy. I apply it with a beauty blender.
9. Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation: This is the only foundation in my collection that I have mixed feelings about. I have to be in the mood to wear it, which I find is hardly ever. Reason being, it oxidizes like crazy! I have mine in the shade 3.5 which is a perfect match to my skin tone but when I apply this foundation and let it sit on my skin, it turns at least 2 shades darker. And not in like a nice tan bronze look- no. I look like a cheeto. I can pull this foundation off when I have a bit of a tan. But, it is still not my favorite.
10. YSL Fusion Ink Foundation: This is the coolest and boujiest foundation I own. It is a liquid formula but it dries into a powdery finish. It is the most beautiful formula ever. I only wear this to like weddings and very fancy occasions because it's YSL lol. You must try this if you haven't. It is life-changing. I like to apply it with a brush for the best pigmentation payoff.