I STARTED THE KETO DIET
This past year I have struggled a lot with body image and self confidence. It is very hard to admit and talk about but I feel like if I share with you guys it holds me accountable and motivates me to push harder and not give up. College is not the easiest place to maintain a healthy lifestyle and diet. Late night calls to papa johns after a night out with friends happen a little to often and before you know it, you see yourself getting a little fluffy. I am tired of looking at myself in the mirror and not like what I see. I want to feel confident and happy with the way I look.
One of my favorite bloggers/youtuber, Katy (Lustrelux), recently made a youtube video about her fitness journey and beginning the ketogenic diet. I watched her video and it completely inspired me to make a lifestyle change. After watching her video, I spent the entire night researching everything about the keto diet and I decided that I wanted to start it myself. I brought it up to my family at lunch and they actually all hopped on board and we're doing it together. It has definitely made it easier and kept us all motivated and on track.
The keto diet consists of consuming low carb, moderate protein, and high fat foods. The entire point of this diet is to change your body's energy resource from carbs to fats. When your body uses fat as fuel, it more readily burns through the fat you consume and the fat on your body, leading to more rapid weight loss. I know that the name of the diet implies that it is a diet (if that makes sense) but I see it as more of a lifestyle change. I find myself eating more whole foods, and consciously making better choices to meet my macros for the day.
I have only been on this diet for a few days but I'm already seeing major changes in my body and I'm so happy with the results so far! I will link some of the recipes I have made this week and have really enjoyed! I am planning to make follow up blog posts with updates on the diet and maybe even some before and afters!
As always, let me know if you have any questions or idea's for future blog posts in the comments down below!
- Breakfast Burger with Avocado Buns: https://blog.paleohacks.com/keto-breakfast-burger/
- Bulletproof Coffee: https://www.ketoconnect.net/bulletproof-coffee/
- 2 fried eggs cooked in one tablespoon of grass-fed butter and two slices of bacon. Add half of an avocado if you're still hungry
- Avocado Egg Bowls: https://www.perfectketo.com/perfect-keto-avocado-breakfast-bowl/
- BLT Balsamic Chicken Avocado Salad: https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/low-carb-blat-salad/
- Avocado Beef Lettuce Wrap Taco: http://ketozone.com/uncategorized/low-carb-avocado-beef-lettuce-wrap-tacos/
- Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats: https://gimmedelicious.com/2016/10/28/beef-stuffed-zucchini-boats/
- Creamy Pesto Chicken with Zucchini Noodles: https://www.eatwell101.com/pesto-chicken-recipe
- Garlic Herb Chicken and Lemon Cauliflower Rice: https://www.eatwell101.com/garlic-herb-chicken-and-lemon-cauliflower-rice
- Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles: https://www.eatwell101.com/lemon-garlic-butter-shrimp-with-zucchini-noodles
- Garlic Butter Steak and Lemon Green Beans Skillet: https://www.eatwell101.com/garlic-butter-steak-and-green-beans-recipe