WHAT I WANT: SEPHORA EDITION
Summer is upon us and you know what that means... the best product releases of the year are about to come out! Summer makeup trends are my favorite because I'm really into the light, dewy, fresh-skin look. Don't get me wrong, I love a good face beat. But, in Miami summer is NOT the time to go all out with your make-up looks. It is ridiculously hot and all your hard work will melt off the second you step outside. So, I've made a list of the things I've been eyeing at Sephora to share with you! I get most of my Sephora recommendations from my favorite youtubers and from the "just arrived" section on the Sephora app.
- Hourglass Veil Transluscent Setting Powder ($48): I first saw my queen Karen aka iluvsarahii use this in her Rose Gold Smokey Eye tutorial. This powder looks phenomenal. I have been using the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder for about 5 years now and although I absolutely love that powder I do feel like it is a little too dry for me during the summer months. The Hourglass powder is marketed as a breathable-lightweight powder. I definitely need to get my hands on it asap.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter ($28): In my opinion, no one can ever have too many highlighters. For a girl who LOVES to glow, I feel like my highlighter collection is under par. I have only heard amazing things about this highlighter and I think it would be the perfect addition to my little collection. It is super smooth, the perfect shade of gold, doesn't emphasize texture on the skin, and has no glitter. I mean, what more could you want? This product is limited edition so make sure to run and not walk to Sephora to get your hands on it. I know I will!
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask ($48): I have been dying to get my hands on this product! It is literally everything you need in a bottle for summer. Skincare is my number one priority when it comes to makeup. If your skin isn't hydrated and taken care of, the makeup that you put on top of it will only make your skin look worse. I am going to be traveling quite a bit in the upcoming months and I will definitely be bringing this in my carry on to pop on my skin during flights to protect it from the nasty recycled air in airplanes. I don't know about you, but my skin definitely takes a hit after traveling and I'm willing to do anything to prevent it from breaking out while I'm on a trip.
- Nars Soft Matte Complete Concealer ($30): I've been on the hunt for a new light-weight full coverage concealer to hide those bags under my eyes. I first saw this product featured on Allana Davison's youtube channel. She raves about this product in her get ready with me in vietnam! She says it's a must have for warmer weather because it blends seamlessly into the skin and covers up any imperfections without looking cakey.
- Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions Palette ($27): If you're looking for a new summery eyeshadow palette that is perfect for travel and has those delicious warm orangey colors look no further. You and I both need this palette. It is literally the size of your palm and the formula of the eyeshadows is amazing. I've swatched these palettes in Sephora and they are all super pigmented and buttery. I am dying to pick this up before my trip to Cuba.
- Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer ($39): I first heard about this primer from one of my absolute faves, Tati Westbrooke. She uses this primer in almost all of her makeup looks she has completely sold me on it. I have large pores around my nose and this primer supposedly acts as a pore eraser! I mean, hello! Need.
- Lilah B. Aglow Face Mist ($48): My OG makeup queen Jaclyn Hill introduced me to this product. Her makeup is always FLAWLESS. So naturally, everything she raves about I need. She says this product melts all the powders to become one with your skin while adding that luminosity.
- It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream ($38): I honestly don't know why I still haven't gotten my hands on this product. Literally everyone is obsessed with it. The name says it all. It evens out your skin tone without making your face look cakey and like you're wearing a ton of makeup. It comes in 7 shades, which is not the best shade range especially for deeper skin tones so that is the only con to this product.
- Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Liquid Color Balm ($32): This is a high shine finish lip product. I am so over the matte lip look. Ever since I got my lips done all I want to put on them is lipgloss. This product comes in so many shades and will make your lips look like glass and super juicy! I've got my eye on the "watermelon red" shade.